Aleut Management Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aleut Management Services
Provide project accounting to all required ARS programs and subsidiaries to enable effective revenue recognition, cost control, as well as cost-to-complete analysis including project EBITDA. Provide information to enable Project Managers to control project spend and risk.
together with promoting continuous improvement through efficiencies identified from monthly closing process, preparation of periodic management reports, analysis of contract cost/spending and preparation of pricing & financial information for bids/quotes.
- Experience with job cost accounting software (i.e., MAS, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy, including experience in word processing and spreadsheets (MS Office).
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems to the Accounting Manager, as necessary.
- Strong service orientation.
• Minimum of 3 years of Project Accounting experience; typically, experience is from government contracting, construction, architecture / engineering, or software companies.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience dealing with invoices for government type contracts.
• Solid understanding of project accounting, percent complete accounting, and revenue and cost management reporting.
• Solid understanding of project invoicing and turning the AR to cash, including DSO.
• Thorough knowledge of standard contract terms, including hourly, lumps sum, not-to-exceed and how they are applied in the billing process.
• Knowledge of project ledgers, project balance sheets, and revenue recognition in a government contracting environment.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Engineering, or related field.