Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager - BRGP Revenue Cycle
at Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Baton Rouge, LA
Work Hours: M-F
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Responsible for BRGP Revenue Cycle and centralized billing functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Demonstrates effectiveness in maintaining an organized department(s) or areas of responsibility to ensure efficiency, accuracy of work, and information flow.
- Maintains automation of collections, authorizations, cash postings, etc.
- Effectively utilizes available staff to maximize the effectiveness of the work performed.
- Monitors departmental or areas of responsibility operations and implements corrective actions as required.
- Coordinates a wide variety of administrative, fiscal, and technical activities to ensure the efficient operation of the department(s) or areas of responsibility.
2. Serves as a liaison to the organization and Revenue Cycle vendors in building relationships and developing strategies and related products.
- Serves as a liaison and internal consultant to higher levels of authority in supporting vendor relationships and conducting negotiations in matters such as: selling payment plans, secondary placements with collection agencies, outsourcing opportunities, and zero balance auditing.
- Develops internal/external GHS vendor relationships throughout the community.
- Ensures that GHS enters into communications/agreements on an informed and profitable basis by developing and implementing sound policies and procedures for tracking and improving performance.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
5+ years in Hospital Revenue Cycle OR 5+ years in Hospital Revenue Cycle IT Support
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Master’s Degree preferred
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Effective oral and written communication skills
Effective team building skills
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to position
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to position