Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Energy Advisor -- Energy Efficiency Programs
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleEnergy Advisor -- Energy Efficiency Programs
This position is responsible for providing program services and support for Entergy Louisiana's Entergy Solutions Program. Entergy Solutions Louisiana is the state's energy efficiency program. Entergy Solutions is an incentive program available to all Entergy Louisiana electric customers. The program provides cash incentives to customers for making improvements to residential and commercial buildings that will reduce electricity usage.
The Energy Advisor will provide direct coordination and serve as the liaison with the customer by providing education regarding energy efficiency projects and participation in the program. The Energy Advisor will be provided a regional service territory. There will be a mixture of field and office time to engage with end customers regarding the efficiency programs, the available incentives, and process to participate through energy efficient technology projects. Energy Advisors will act as the face of the program on behalf of the utility and ensure customer satisfaction while participating in the program. This position is additionally responsible for directly managing customer projects from program introduction to post-installation verification activities to supporting business and residential programs and assisting customers and clients.
The Energy Advisor will be responsible for performing site assessments, educating customers on opportunities to reduce electricity usage, installing basic energy efficiency measures at residential or small commercial buildings, and performing QA/QC of installed measures.
- Develop relationships with program participants, trade allies, and program partners to identify and address their needs and remove barriers to participation
- Mange customer relationships to meet assigned energy savings targets and participation goals
- Coordinate with Program Team to ensure program needs, including project planning, research, reporting, organization of files, paperwork, and data entry, are met as well as managing communication to key business contacts
- Develop, maintain, and engage with customers. Outbound calling and updating program databases as needed
- Work with program manager / team to develop and lead customer outreach campaigns
- Engage customers to discuss energy efficient technology including: HVAC and HVAC Controls, Lighting and Lighting Controls, Building Envelope, Domestic Water Heating, Building Automation Systems, Process Cooling and Heating, Motors and Drives, Compressed Air Systems, Commercial Kitchen Equipment
- Residential and small commercial direct measure installation
- Develop and lead presentations promoting energy efficiency on behalf of the program at various conferences, community events, or professional organizations
- Sell the benefit of efficiency program participation to end customers through project commitment and implementation
- Assist trade allies and customers to ensure they have the correct information and marketing materials to promote the energy efficiency incentives
- Provide assistance with customer service, collaborate with engineers regarding energy audits, post-installation inspections and project reporting
- Utilize program spreadsheets, tools, resources and databases to calculate energy savings for customers, engage with energy engineers if necessary
- Day travel required, occasional overnight
- Ensure compliance with all APTIM quality and safety policies as well as all OSHA regulations.
- All other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor's degree from an accredited two or four-year college or university.
- 2-4 years' program/project management experience related to energy program management, implementation, electric or natural gas utility industry, or administrative oversight.
- Strong communication skills, experience with customer engagement and coordination.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong quantitative and analytic capabilities including report writing and spreadsheet analysis.
- Understanding of financial concepts including project payback periods and return on investment.
- Must be a self-starter, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify and resolve project incentive application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Experience with field auditing tools, CRM systems and tracking databases.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills.
- 2+ years' direct experience in the energy efficiency industry preferred.
- Previous sales, customer service, or customer management experience.
- Understanding of energy efficiency technologies and energy-saving solutions including, lighting, HVAC and other mechanical systems.
- BPI, HERS, PE, CEM, other energy-related industry certification(s) or engineering degree from an accredited institution
APTIM (formerly CB&I Capital Services Group), with approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally, is a leading global provider of program management, energy efficiency programs, integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.