Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Equipment Shop Mechanic
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Job TitleHeavy Equipment Shop Mechanic
APTIM currently has an immediate opening for a Heavy Equipment Shop Mechanic based in our Prairieville, LA facility.
- Perform maintenance and repair activities on various kinds of heavy construction equipment and trucks including, but not limited to: earth moving equipment, excavators, dozers, loaders, cranes, forklifts, trucks, trailers, etc.
- Ability to operate equipment and vehicles to identify problems and examine equipment for any deficiencies or defects. Maintain required certifications such as CDL and crane certs as TBD.
- Maintain service logs and records of work completed, maintain work order requirements, as well as keep provided specialty tools, equipment, and work area clean, organized and properly maintained.
- Successful candidate will have a minimum of ten years experience or the equivalent combination of factory/trade school training and job experience
- The ideal candidate will have previous heavy equipment experience as either a shop or field mechanic in the construction industry. Welding and fabrication abilities are a plus as are specific certifications in relevant categories
- Candidate must possess certain mechanical knowledge and abilities, specifically diesel/gas engines, power transmission, electrical, emissions control, hydraulic systems, etc.
- Responsible for owning general mechanic hand tools. Specialty tools, training aids and diagnostic equipment provided by employer
- Must demonstrate and maintain excellent safety awareness, and willingness to comply with company policies and safety standards
- Must have good driving record and a valid CDL license if required
- Must have reliable personal transportation and have the ability to travel as required by position. Periodic evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime hours are expected.
- Must complete and pass a drug test prior to employment, as well as subsequent random drug testing as required
- Must wear proper safety attire at all times as mandated by policy including but not limited to: safety vests, safety glasses, hard sole/steel-toed shoes,
- Must have ability to read and comprehend instructions and equipment manuals, plus ability to complete simple correspondence and work orders and project a positive and cooperative attitude by maintaining courteous and professional conduct with supervisors, co-workers, customers, and the general public.
Strength -- Standing 60%, Walking 20%, Setting 20$
Lifting -- 50 pounds, Carrying 50 pounds, Pushing/Pulling Frequently
Climbing, Kneeling and Balancing Constantly
APTIM was created by Veritas Capital, a leading private equity firm, following acquisition of CB&I's Capital Services business. With approximately 15,000 employees deployed across hundreds of offices and customer sites globally, APTIM provides integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure, EPC services, program management, disaster response and recovery, resiliency planning, and energy management services for private sector and government customers. Our timely and cost-effective solutions not only satisfy our customers' needs, but also improve the quality of life for people around the world.