LHC Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Registered Nurse (Home Health) - PRN - Baton Rouge
at LHC Group, Inc.
Job Reference #: 17440
As a Registered Nurse, you will educate patients and their caregivers on their conditions and the steps needed to ensure proper recovery. Additional responsibilities of our Registered Nurse include:
- Provide admission, case management, and follow-up skilled nursing visits for home health patients.
- Administer on-going care and case management for each patient, provide necessary follow-up as directed by the Clinical Manager.
- Confer with physician in developing the initial plan of treatment based on physician''s orders and initial patient assessment.
- Render hands-on care, management and evaluation of the care plan and teaching of the patient in accordance with physician orders, under Clinical Manager''s supervision.
- Revise plan in consultation with physician based on ongoing assessments and as required by policy/regulation.
- Coordinate appropriate care, encompassing various healthcare personnel (such as Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, MSW, Home Health Aides and external providers).
- Report patient care/condition/progress to patient''s physician and Clinical Manager on a continuous basis.
- Implement patient care plan in conjunction with patient and family to assist them in achieving optimal resolution of needs/problems.
- Coordinate/oversee/supervise the work of Home Health Aides, Certified Home Health Aides and Personal Care Workers and provides written personal care instructions/care plan that reflect current plan of care. Monitor the appropriate completion of documentation by home health aides/personal care workers as part of the supervisory/leadership responsibility.
- Discharge patients after consultation with the physician and Clinical Manager, preparing and completing needed clinical documentation.
- Participating in the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Process
- Preparing accurate, orderly and timely reports and documentation
- Adhering to all practice standards as they apply to patient care
- Associate''s of Science degree in Nursing
- Valid RN license in state of employment
- Valid driver''s license and one year clean driving record
- Ability to drive within 30-60 miles daily
- Ability to successfully complete required background check and drug screen
- Excellent writing and charting skills, experience with electronic medical record preferred
- Minimum 1 year acute care nursing experience, home health experience preferred