Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Louisiana Department of Civil Service
Job Reference #: 1399038
Categories: Healthcare - Behavioral/Mental Health, Healthcare - Medical & Dental Practitioners, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services
Overall Job Objective
- Supplemental Information
- This position is part of the South Central Louisiana Human Services Authority and will be located at the Terrebonne Behavioral Health Clinic.
This position may be filled as an Unclassified Full Time/Part Time Position Or Full Time or Part Time Contract Position.
Salary is based on qualifications.
ALL SCLHSA SITES ARE NHSC (National Health Service Corps) APPROVED. QUALIFYING PHYSICIANS MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM.
No Civil Service test score is required in order to be considered for this vacancy.
To apply for this vacancy, click on the "Apply" link above and complete an electronic application which can be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities.
For further information about this vacancy contact: Melicia.Levron@la.gov
South Central Louisiana Human Services Authority
521 Legion AvenueHouma, LA 70364985/857-3743
- Licensure to practice medicine in the State of Louisiana
- Board certification or eligibility in Psychiatry
- Medicare/Medicaid billing eligibility
- Expertise in use of psychotropic drugs for wellness recovery
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and written form so that others can clearly understand
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to details
- Requires cultural proficiency that supports work with individuals from all racial, cultural, socioeconomic, and religious backgrounds and any sexual orientation
- Ability be a team player with a welcoming attitude
- Demonstrated commitment to the welfare of individuals and families with mental/behavioral health issues
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis and treatment of mental illness and addictive disorders
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat Mental Illness, Addictive Disorders, and co-morbidity. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions and preventative health care measures
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance in the social environment; individual differences in ability, personality, interests; and learning and motivation
- Complex problem solving: identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Critical thinking skills: using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Service orientation skills: actively looking for ways to help people
- Job Concepts
Function of work:
Provide medical/clinical services to clients at the South Central Louisiana Human Services Authority/Terrebonne Behavioral Health Clinic.
- Examples of Work
- Essential Job Functions:
- Provide consultation and direct care for clients who present with mental health and addictive disorders
- Review diagnosis, evaluation and treatment plans in collaboration with clients and/or interdisciplinary staff as appropriate
- Prescribe and administer medications, monitor client's biological and psychological response, providing education about prescribed medications
- Supervise and provide necessary medical services for psychiatric clients. Responsible for referring Primary Care and/or non-psychiatric medical care issues to appropriate sources
- Responsible for patient management with a multidisciplinary team consisting of other clinical and nursing staff
- Supervise the treatment plans of assigned clients
- Complete medical records and other documentation in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with policy and procedure
- Provide crisis intervention and evaluation when needed
- Handle psychiatric emergencies, including issuing Physician Emergency Certificates
- Work with other clinical staff to ensure necessary and appropriate resource linkage
- Work in cooperative and problem-solving manner with other NEDHSA departments and community agencies
- Identify and report any concerns regarding improvement of the service delivery system
- Actively contribute to the functioning of the treatment team, informing members of issues impacting care in a succinct and timely manner.
- Consistently meets Utilization Management and billable services expectations
- Maintain knowledge of agency technology programs and/or systems needed to do the job and use them effectively