Pinnacle Entertainment Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BARTENDER - CASINO BAR
at Pinnacle Entertainment Inc.
- Requisition ID
- L'Auberge Casino Hotel - Baton Rouge, LA
- Food & Beverage
- Position Type
What would I be doing?
Under general supervision, obtains guests’ beverage orders; ensures accurate and timely service of all orders; maintains cleanliness of the casino bars and ensures adequate stock levels of supplies pertinent to completing duties and orders properly; and duties will include, but not limited to all responsibilities below and other duties assigned by management.
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Pinnacle Way. Always exhibit a friendly and approachable demeanor. Be polite and courteous when speaking with guests and team members. Look for and act upon opportunities to assist guests and team members. Be sincere and genuine during all interactions. Be prepared with the knowledge and skill required to be responsive to guests and team member’s needs and questions.
- Responsible for learning and being familiar with all of Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.’s room outlets, Server functions, and for being able to answer general questions regarding the property.
- Anticipate the guest’s needs and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Recognize guests immediately with a friendly, courteous greeting and inform them of any specialty cocktails, promotions, events, and other information on all aspects of Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc.’s services and facilities.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Serve wine, bottled or draft beer, and non-alcoholic beverages with proper garnishes. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, juice, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other beverages.
- Adhere to company policy by measuring all drinks using either the Berg system or a Jigger
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Accurately account for and collect payment for all drink orders through MICROS system in a timely manner.
- Maintain bar by collecting used glassware, trash and by consistently keeping the bar, work areas, and tables clean.
- Provide amenities to guests such as matches, beverage napkins, and ashtrays throughout assigned bar and maintain assigned bar by collecting used glassware, ashtrays, trash and by consistently keeping the bar, work areas, and tables clean.
- Assist guests with beverage selection, demonstrating salesmanship with complete product knowledge. Anticipate, identify, and provide for guest needs.
- Attempt to limit problems related to guests’ excessive drinking by providing responsible alcohol service and applying any training from TIPs (Training Intervention Procedures).
- Clean and stock glassware, utensils, and bar equipment. Arrange liquor bottles, beer, fruit trays, and glassware to assure that the bar environment is perceived as clean, organized, and attractive
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Carry out and follow through with preparation and other requirements of all event requests, on and off property.
- Observe and enforce Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, proper steam table temperature, and cleanliness of work environment.
- Use and maintain all assigned areas and equipment in a sanitary, safe and effective manner.
- Consistent attendance at company/restaurant training programs as they are scheduled.
- Carry out duties with attention to detail, sanitation and safety.
- Complete opening, closing and other side duties as assigned by the supervisors.
- Pass all tests given including the training in order to retain the knowledge needed to be an effective server.
- Maintain a well-groomed, neat and clean appearance.
- Possess the resiliency to deal with difficult guests in all types of business conditions and possess the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Perform all job functions in conjunction with the guidelines described in the Standard Operating Procedures manual to ensure consistent execution of company and department standards.
- Perform all duties as assigned by management.
What are we looking for?
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with internal and external guests effectively
- Must obtain and maintain a current State Responsible Vendor Permit
- Must obtain and maintain a current Parish Alcohol Beverage Control License
- Familiarity and product knowledge of beverages, wines, and garnishes.
What would it be like to work at this property?
L’Auberge Casino & Hotel Baton Rouge is a premier southern facility located in Baton Rouge, LA. L’Auberge captures the feel of a Southern river lodge and embraces Louisiana's rich cultural history, food, music and ‘laissez les bon temps rouler’ way of life. It’s contemporary, polished and complete with Southern hospitality! It’s fancy with swagger.
L'Auberge Casino & Hotel
777 L'Auberge Avenue
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70820