The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Area Manager Non Residential
at The Geo Group
Facility: REENTRY SERVICES
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The position oversees program operations within a specified state or geographic area. Maintains good customer relations, develops new business opportunities, monitors adherence to budgets, and ensure contract compliance. Learns, uses and models the Principles of Effective Intervention (What Works) through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and staff members.
This role will be based out of one of our Day Reporting Centers in the New Orleans/Baton Rouge communities.
Our programs are located in Covington, Harvey, Baton Rouge, Monroe, Thibodaux, and Bossier City.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains on going communication with customers to develop and enhance positive relationships and promote Company products and services.
- Oversees the implementation of all operational service provision and documentation functions for offices within a specific state or region.
- Ensures that programs function in a manner that meets contractual obligations.
- Generates intermediate outcomes reports, in conjunction with both Research and Marketing Departments, to demonstrate positive program impact for all contracts in the Area.
- Develops timely, accurate reports on the status of program operations for customers and executive management.
- Monitors programmatic systems and procedures to achieve and maintain optimal effectiveness of operational programs.
- Works to achieve continual improvement in customer service and outcomes.
- Develops and approves recommendations for annual operational budgets in conjunction with appropriate administrators. Distributes resources appropriately to attain program goals. Develops staffing plans that are compatible with program budgets and goals.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages a group of exempt management level employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Criminal Justice or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Thorough understanding of evidence base practices (EBP) including cognitive behavioral treatment, substance abuse treatment, motivational interviewing and case management.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of evidence-based program evaluations, behavior management systems and quality assurance processes.
- The ability to observe and coach group facilitators for fidelity purposes.
- Five (5) years of management experience in re-entry programs operations implementation or business development.
- Fifty percent (50%) travel required with some work on weekends or evenings required.
- Working knowledge of criminal justice system and court procedures.
- Understanding of criminal justice market and customers.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities appropriately.
- Ability to perform financial management and budgeting.
- Sales and marketing skills.
- Change management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- General computer skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.