The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: EAST BATON ROUGE DRC
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for the operational and financial management of a reporting office or group of offices, in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations, and Company policy. Incumbent reports to Regional Area Manager with close and frequent contact. External customer contact is generally with mid-level city or county officials. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and directs all activity in the planning, development, implementation, monitoring and supervision of Company programs and services for a reentry or supervision office or group of offices using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Ensures that all programs function in a manner that satisfies contractual obligations. Generates timely and accurate reports on the status of program operations and communicates to customers.
- Delivers consistent quality of services by developing and maintaining an environment that promotes excellence in all operations.
- Develops and implements strategies to enable the office, or offices, to achieve operational and financial objectives.
- Monitors and evaluates all business processes. Develops and implements process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Manages all revenue and expenses for an office or group of offices. Monitors, analyzes and reports on financial outcomes.
- Participates in the financial planning process. Communicates the plan to staff for implementation.
- Manages relationships with existing customer base to ensure a high quality of service, resolve issues promptly and provide customer satisfaction.
- Identifies potential customers, influencers and decision makers in the community in order to build relationships, raise level of Company name recognition and communicate Company results. Develops new business opportunities. Tracks and reports on activities to attract new customers/business.
- May provide direct participant services and/or carry a participant caseload using principles of the “What Works” system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social or behavioral science field. Master’s degree and/or Louisiana state recognized licensed counselor preferred.
- At least two (2) years of supervisory work experience in a clinical setting.
- Trained in cognitive behavioral therapies or treatment modalities.
- Experience with correctional population or community supervision preferred.
- Experience in business management in the allied health field preferred.
- Familiar with current correctional systems, legislation, relevant case law and industry standards and practices.
- Knowledge of fiscal processes and fundamentals of management.
- Knowledge of contemporary counseling techniques.
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks and work with public officials.
- Ability to express thoughts logically, in English, in written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Ability to manage personnel, including hiring, evaluating, disciplining and terminating.
- Ability to determine and manage to budget and to delegate, motivate, control and schedule.
- Ability to effectively communicate with residents, line staff and other executive staff members and react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER